This is the operating and maintenance manual of INTUS tilt & turn window systems with Siegenia hardware. It includes the instructions for operating the windows as well as safety instructions. This document also provides instructions for window maintenance – cleaning, inspection & lubrication.
- Always observe the safety instructions when carrying out work to windows
- Keep children and people who cannot estimate the dangers away from the
point of danger.
- Avoid spilling lubricants onto the floor or leave tools unattended in the
Risk of Injury from Falling
Through Open Windows
- Always use stable step ladders.
- Protect yourself against falling out
- Do not steady yourself or hold on
to the opened sash.
Danger of Injury Through
Trapping of Body Parts
- Never reach into the opening
between the sash and the outer
frame when closing windows/
Risk of Injury or Damage from
Pressing the Sash Against the
- Do not press the sash against the
Risk of Injury from Trapping
Parts of the Body Between the
Sash and the Frame
- Do not insert obstructions into
the opening between sash and
Risk of Injury and Material
Damage from Overloading
- Do not overload the sash.
Risk of Injury from the Effect
- Prevent wind from acting on the
- During wind/drafts, close and lock
WARNING: Operational malfunction of the window components may result
- Do not continue to use the window once an operational malfunction has
- Secure the window and instruct a specialist company to carry out the
Your windows and portal doors have high-grade SIEGENIA-AUBI fittings. To
ensure that they remain in good working condition, even past the guarantee
period, we recommend that you inspect and maintain your windows/doors
as described below at regular intervals (at least once a year or more often for
school and hotel buildings).
Cleaning and Preserving Surfaces
• When treating surfaces (painting or glazing your windows/doors), remove
all fittings and protect them from stains and spills.
• Remove any stains or spills immediately, because they could damage the
surface protection of the fittings.
• Use only mild, pH-neutral, diluted cleaning agents. NEVER use sharp
objects, abrasive agents, or aggressive cleaning agents (such as vinegar
or acidic cleaning agents), as they could damage the corrosion protection
of the fittings.
• When cleaning, ensure that no water runs into the fittings.
• Dry the fittings thoroughly after cleaning and oil the surface with a nonacidic and non-resinous oil by wiping them with a cloth soaked in oil.
“TITAN Extreme” Surface
If your fittings have the TITAN Extreme surface:
• Check the surface for damage that penetrates the paint layer and repair it
using the assembly and repair paint.
• The places to be painted must be clean, dry, and free of grease and rust.
MAINTENANCE: INSPECTION & LUBRICATION
Check that all fittings ( ) are secure and check for wear:
• Check that the top hinge pin (X) is pushed in, up to the stop. If it is not, slide
it up to the stop manually.
• Check for loose fixing screws and check that the handle is secure. Tighten
the loose fixing screws using an appropriate tool. IMPORTANT: Do not
over tighten the screws.
• Have any worn/damaged fittings or over tightened screws replaced by a
Grease or oil all movable fittings and all locking points:
• Use only acid-free and resin-free oil or grease.
• Use a grease spray on the movable parts in the window sash and spray
into all openings in the fittings.
• Then, move the fittings into position several times until the grease is
distributed. Wipe off any excess oil or grease.
• Grease the striker plates in the window frame using a firmer grease
(Consistency Class 2 in accordance with DIN 51818) in the places where
the locking cam engages with the striker plate.